Frequently Asked Questions
It is a service provided to establishments on Qiwa platform to create and document employee contracts digitally. After the contract gets created and submitted by the establishment, it will be sent to the employee’s account on Qiwa for approval, rejection or amendment to the contract.
After both parties' approval, the contract is considered authenticated and approved by the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development.
The service aims to protect both the employer and the employees' rights and provide a work environment that helps with the employees' stability and productivity. It also seeks to ensure that the private sector's employment contracts conform to Saudi labor law conditions, verify the validity of contract data, and reduce labor disputes and issues
The contract request gets initiated by the employer or a commissioner with the following steps:
- Register/login to Qiwa platform.
- Log in to the establishment account.
- Go the "Contract Management" service from the e-Services tab.
- Enter the establishment information: company email, and role of the establishment representative/user
- Enter the employee details: Saudi employee: ID number and date of birth (in Hijri). Resident employee: Iqama number and Iqama expiry date (in Hijri).
- Enter the employee's contact information: mobile number and email
- Fill out the contract details: job title, contract period, working hours, financial obligations, etc.
- Review and submit the request.
The request will be sent to the employee's account on Qiwa. The employer must communicate and inform the employee to login/register to Qiwa platform via Individual Account and check Employee Contracts Service to review and submit an action to the contract (acceptance\rejection\edit).
The contract authentication request gets sent to the employee's account on the Qiwa individual platform. The establishment representative must communicate with the employee to whom the request was sent and inform them to log in/register in Qiwa platform to review the contract and accept or reject it.
Suppose the employee is a non-Saudi employee who is not currently registered in the establishment. In that case, the establishment representative must submit a service transfer request from the (Employee Transfer - from another business owner) service. After sending the transfer request, the employee can approve the request and the contract from his/her Qiwa individual account (Employee Transfer) service.
The employee can review and accept the contract by following these steps:
- Register/login to Qiwa platform
- Log in to the "Individual Account."
- Go to Employee Contracts Service
- Choose a contract from the list
- Review the contract request, then accept it or reject it
Note: the contract will be canceled automatically in the event of no response within 30 days from creating the contract request by the establishment.
The service is done electronically immediately through Qiwa platform. It begins by creating a contract request by the employer and ends with the employee's final approval or rejection, or the automatic cancellation of the request for non-response after 30 days from the creation date.
If the contract request is not responded to within 30 days from the date of creation, the request will be considered (canceled), and the establishment representative must resend the contract request if needed.
The contracts that could be authenticated with this service are both new contracts and active contracts (digital or paper)
To authenticate active contracts, enter the start date as mentioned in the employee's first contract with the establishment.
Note that you must add the latest salary and financial allowances amounts (for example, after annual increases and promotions)
The start date must be entered as it is in the employee's first contract with the establishment.
Enter the start date as mentioned in the employee's first contract with the establishment.
Yes, authentication of employment contracts is mandatory from the job start date of the employee even if the employee is under a probationary period, with specifying the period of the probation period in terms of the contract, taking into account the maximum limit of the period as stipulated in the Saudi Labor Law.
The contract gets automatically renewed for a similar period until it gets terminated by one of the parties.
To modify/retrieve unapproved contract, go to the contract list> contract page> (Modify). You can retrieve the contract as long as the contract status is (awaiting employee approval). After retrieving the contract request, you can modify the contract's details and re-send it again for employee approval.
The contract will still appear in the employee account, but the approval/rejection options will be disabled until it gets re-sent again.
Yes, the establishment user can modify the authenticated contract with the (approved) and (active) status and send it to the employee for approval or rejection.
If the employee rejects the modification request, the last approved/authenticated contract will remain valid until a modification request gets accepted or it gets terminated by one of the parties.
Yes, the establishment representative can modify any contract term for authenticated contracts with (approved) or (active) statuses and send it to the employee for approval or rejection.
Yes, if the employee rejected the modification request, the last approved/authenticated contract will remain valid until a modification request gets accepted or the contract gets terminated by one of the parties.
This feature is currently unavailable and will be available in the next releases.
The Employee Number is the employee's number in the system of the new establishment to which the employee will be transferred.
You can print it by visiting the contact page and selecting “Download” on the top of the page.
Users can download and save the contract in PDF form to print or keep a digital copy.
It's a service provided by Qiwa, which allows the establishment and employee to request a termination contract to end the contractual relationship and notify the other party
The contract must be authenticated to be able to terminate
Yes, the relationship can be terminated for the Saudi and resident employees
For individuals: Login into the individual portal and then choose to view employment contracts and then click terminate contract request
For establishments: Login into Qiwa and chose e-services and choose contract management and then click terminate contract request
Both, the employee and the establishment can terminate the contract
- During the probation period
- Agreement of the parties
- Termination of the contract
- The worker reaches retirement
- Force majeure
- Closure of the establishment permanently
- Termination of the activity in which the worker works
- Ultimate bankruptcy of the establishment
The notice period is calculated based on the notice period mentioned when the employee contract created
The contract terminated immediately if the employee in the probation period, died, in prison, or left not returned
Yes, the employee can submit a request to “reduce the notice period” through Qiwa individual account, and this requires approval from the establishments
Service Eligibility Requirements
Absence Service Requirements:
- The establishment must be existing
- The worker does not have a valid contract on QIWA
- The worker's work permit must be valid for more than 60 days
Time to Complete
How to Access the Service
How to establish a contract by establishments:
- Choose “Contract Management“ service from E-services
- Complete establishment information
- Enter employee information
- Fill contract data (job title, contract duration, working hours, Financial obligations, etc)
- Send request to employee
How to access the work absence service:
- Choose “Contract Management“
- Click on “submit work absence report“ icon
- Select employee who is out out work by Iqama or border number
- Acknowledge and submit report
How to approve or reject job offer by employee:
- Employee signs-in to his account in Qiwa
- Click on preview job offer
- Review offer then either accept, reject, or request modifications on job offer